Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Kindergarten






Rylie started Kindergarten on August 27th! It's amazing how fast the past 5 years have gone by & that she's already in elementary school. She is attending Kilpatrick Elementary & she has a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Dugosh.

Before school started we had to go to the school to see the class postings & find out who her teacher would be. When I got back in the car from looking at the lists, I told her that her teacher's name was Mrs. Dugosh. Her reaction was - "I don't like that name. I wanted her to have a name like Claire." She informed me that she'd only like her if she was "fancy." So when the time came for our Meet The Teacher night, she finally got to see what Mrs. Dugosh was all about & she met Rylie's approval. When leaving that night I asked her what she thought about her new teacher & her reply was "She was even fancier than I wanted her to be."

Rylie was super excited about school. Ellis, Chase & I walked her in the first day of class & she was so anxious. She took her new backpack & matching lunchbox that Jamie made her. That afternoon she rode the bus home from school. I think this is what she was looking forward to the most! She anxiously memorized her address & phone number & bus number to prepare! She got off the bus extremely happy & had a great first day. She has continued to have great days at school & loves it, but she does come home very tired & is not used to being gone 5 days a week & being gone that long & staying so busy! The bus picks her up around 7:50 in the morning & drops her off at 4:00. So it really is a long day - much longer than the days she was used to in Pre-K.

No comments: