It all started on Friday when my friend Patti & I took the youngest of all our kids to the pool. Rylie & Derek (Patti's oldest) were both in school, so this gave the littler kids an opportunity to show off their swim skills. Chase, at first, would not get in the water & I started to get a bit frustrated. After all, what am I taking him to swimming lessons 2x a week for? But after about 5 minutes, he got in & showed me what he could do & man, I was one proud mama! He did amazing & loved every minute! Those swimming lessons really are paying off after all! It's going to be a great summer now that he can do a bit more!!! Friday night the kids & I had our weekly movie night. This week's movie of choice was none other than "Pippi Longstocking" - a childhood favorite of mine! I was so excited when I saw it on DVD at the video store & thought Rylie would enjoy watching something I liked as a kid. Both the kids seemed to like it, but as for myself, it definately has lost some of its appeal over the past 20 years! But it still brought back good memories for me!
Saturday we went to the Y (my home-away-from-home) & then we met my friend Robin & 2 of her children at the pool by our house. Rylie & Kristin were inseperable as usual & Chase & Brandon had fun swimming back & forth together & playing in the kiddie splash pool. Rylie is finally brave enough to do the diving boards. Her swimming lessons are really paying off too! I'm so proud of both of my little fishies!
Chase After A Wonderful Day Poolside
Rylie & Kristin Loving The Pool Time
Sunday was church, then the kids & I ran some errands. We walked around the mall a bit & of course had to make our mandatory stop at Target! Sunday night we went to Robin & Joe's house for a Memorial Day cookout. We enjoyed hanging out w/ our favorite Katy people & meeting some of their other friends too! The kids all had a great time & I enjoyed the adult talk while the kids were occupied!!! Robin & Joe had gone out & bought one of the big inflatable water slides, so Rylie had a blast playing on it w/ Kristin & the other kids. Chase, as usual, was a bit scared & opted not to even try it. Hopefully one day he'll get out of that phase! We enjoyed our hot dogs & munchies & the kids were glad to get to stay up really late & hang out w/ their friends! Ellis was able to come by when he got off work, so he finally got to be social for a bit!
Kristin & Rylie On The Water Slide
Trampoline Fun
Rylie & Kristin
Monday we went to a cookout at The Hargrove's house. Bryan Hargrove is one of Ellis' bosses & his wife decided to put together a cookout for some of the Spring Creek wives & kids since we never have our husbands home on holidays! It was a lot of fun! I enjoyed visiting w/ all the "work widows" & the kids enjoyed playing in the sprinklers & kiddie pools w/ their good buddies Brynnan & Blaire (Amber's kids) & several other kids!
Lounging In The Kiddie Pool
This Is Gator When He Got Sunscreen In His Eye!
No comments:
Post a Comment