Friday, August 29, 2008

Trying Something New

A couple months ago I asked Rylie if she'd like to play soccer. I told her it'd be fun, good exercise & then I named off a bunch of kids she knows that play too. She was excited & wanted to do it. So I signed her up to play through the Katy Youth Soccer program. About 2 weeks ago I started reminding her that it was almost time for her to start soccer & she let me know that she did NOT want to do it, that I was making her & that she wasn't going to! Well I told her she had no choice now - I'd already paid the fees, bought her stuff & she'd been placed on a team! So I told her she had to try it, tough it out for the next 2 months, then if she didn't like it I wouldn't sign her up next time. So all I've heard the past 2 weeks is how much she doesn't want to do it. Well last night was her first practice. She met several new girls who all are in 1st grade at her school. And lucky enough - one of them is in Rylie's class this year! She was very shy the first 10 minutes or so, but she soon warmed up & had a great first practice! Needless to say, she LOVED it & is looking forward to tonight's practice! I knew she'd like it once she gave it a shot! Sure enough - Mom's right - like always!

Here are 2 pics I snapped at her practice! And don't laugh that I had her shin guards on the outside of her socks! It was last minute that we bothered to put them on & being the dummy that I am who knows NOTHING about the game of soccer, I didn't realize till it was too late that I had them on wrong! Oops!


No comments: