Saturday, September 13, 2008
We Survived IKE!
Well Hurricane Ike has passed us by. We awaited him & now he's gone & thankfully he didn't do any damage to us. We spent all day Friday getting ready for him. Everything was all set & ready. We hung out w/ the neighbors outside & watched the wind pick up & then came home & had dinner w/ our next-door neighbors, Mark & Lauren. After dinner at our house, we headed to their house for some beer & Rock Band. Then we noticed transformers blowing in the distance so Ellis & I brought the kids home & got them to bed so they wouldn't freak out when the power finally did go out at our house. Fortunately that mission was accomplished! Ellis & I stayed up till 2:00 a.m. awaiting to see what Ike had in store for us. We finally decided we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer & went to bed. He slept peacefully, like I knew he would. I, on the other hand, did not. The wind picked up & the rain started pelting down & kept me awake. Then about 4:00 a.m. we finally lost our power & I couldn't sleep from that point on. And apparently neither could Chase! We had both kids in the bed w/ us & needless to say I'm running on less than 3 hours sleep, while Ellis snored the night away! We woke up this morning to lots of wind & rain, but thankfully no damage! No broken windows, now fallen trees, no ripped apart fences - nothing! Thankg the good Lord for watching over us! And we even got our power back on around 12:30 this afternoon! I'm so happy that I didn't have to lose all that food & re-buy all my groceries! Overall, Hurricane Ike wasn't so bad for us. I know it was bad for many others, but we are very blessed to have pulled through this w/ no damage! I immediately said a prayer of thanks to our wonderful Lord for letting everything work out fine for us! Thanks also to those of you who kept us in your thoughts & prayers the past few days! Your emails, texts & phone calls have been much appreciated! We have wonderful friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment