Friday, October 31, 2008

Ooooooh - Spooky!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from the Dyson Family! Hope you all had a "spook"-tacular day!

Rylie & Chase both woke up super-excited about Halloween this year. Normally the excitement doesn't come till it's actual trick-or-treat time, but this year they've been very pumped up about the whole day! Ry informed me she thinks today should be a half-day at school since it's a very big holiday! Ha!

Once the kids got dressed for the day (of course they had to wear their awesome Halloween shirts), I gave them each a small gift. . . nothing too special, just new books! (I give books at every occasion if you haven't ever noticed... I hope they love to read as much as I do!) We then took a few quick pics outside w/ our sad-looking, one-legged scarecrow (who has been known to flash the neighbors) & then Ry was off to school. I hate that they don't do Halloween parties at school. I know there are people who don't celebrate, but still - Halloween parties are fun!

Can You Tell He Loves His Spider Hat?!



Costumes this year are "generic" I guess you could call them, but still SUPER CUTE! Chase, as you know from yesterday's blog, was a cowboy & Rylie was a "good" witch. . . and a very colorful one I might add! And this year we even got Idgy in on the costume action - she was our very own lil' jack-o-lantern dog! She was too precious! Mom was even convinced to dress up & the only thing I could scrounge up from my closet at the last minute was my old Tae Kwon Do uniform! I can't believe I even still have it!










Once evening-time rolled around we went over to the Martinez's house across the street for hot dogs & chips. Then we started the trick-or-treating fun w/ our neighbors, the Pettits. Rylie has become good friends w/ their oldest daughter Alix, who is in Kindergarten this year! And I'm so happy that Ellis got to participate w/ us this year! Thank you Hurricane Ike for pushing back the new locations opening! :) Trick-or-treating is so fun in our neighborhood because we are constantly running into people we know from the other streets! After the buckets were filled w/ more candy than I could ever let my kids consume, we hung out in the driveways w/ all our wonderful neighbors enjoying the sugar-highs & the joys of a fun "holiday." Our neighbor Brian, along w/ the help of many of the other men on our street have been working hard on a haunted house. This is a huge hit w/ our street & many people who discovered it last year. Of course, my kids were too scared to go in, but Ellis & I took part in it.

Rylie & Alix




The Good Witch & The Black Cat




Kathryn, Chase & Zoilie

Rylie had Alix over for a sleepover & they stayed up late playing. Chase, who Ry requested not bother her & Alix, got to stay up late watching Power Rangers in Mommy & Daddy's room! And Mommy now has a tummy-ache from eating too much candy! Ugh! But I can't resist those Sour Patch Kids or Swedish Fish!! Yum Yum Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWW! You have a yorkie too?