Saturday, October 4, 2008
We Did It!
Today was a BIG day! Robin & I have been anxiously awaiting this day for the past few months. . . . our very first 5k! Whoo-hoo! We did it! We ran the Komen Race For The Cure in downtown Houston along w/ thousands of others! We've been looking forward to this (a bit nervously I might add) for a while & are glad to have it behind us, but we're already planning our next run! My goal is to work up to a 10k soon! But I had to get through an official 5k first! We had such a great run! Neither of us felt the need to slow down much & we kept the pace well w/ each other & found ourselves passing lots of people! It was a great rush & I'm really looking forward to the next run! Afterwards we felt like kids trick-or-treating because at the finish line they had numerous sponsored booths set up passing out wonderful goodies - everything from Yoplait yogurt, Starbucks coffee, Fuze drinks, Sweet Leaf Tea, water, apples & bananas, candy, dog tags, keychains, koozies, bracelets, magnets, water bottles, etc! We're definately planning on making the Komen Race for the Cure an annual event for us! We're looking for a 5k to run around the holiday time, then it's on to Fort Worth in February for the Cowtown! Fun fun fun! I'm so glad to have found a great running buddy! Love ya Robin!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea for you! You look awesome! While you were running, I was eating birthday cake...yikes!
Post a Comment