Saturday, November 22, 2008

We're Getting Ready. . . . .

For The Holidays!

Friday night Rylie & Chase had their best friends Kristin & Brandon spend the night! We got ready for Thanksgiving (you know, the poor holiday that gets bypassed between Halloween & Christmas & no one decorates for) by making turkey cookies! The kids had a great time adding the finishing touches to the turkeys & I had a hard time resisting the temptation to eat any. . . so I came up w/ the excuse to take them to Rylie's Daisy Scout meeting this weekend so I'll be forced to keep my hands off!


Ready To Make Turkey Cookies


The Kids' Finished Creations - GOBBLE GOBBLE

Today I did a bit of holiday baking of my own! I made pilgrim hat cookie treats for Rylie to take to her Daisy Scout meeting. . . they were just too cute not to make, & we don't need them, so Daisy's was a good excuse!



This week I've been decorating the house for Christmas! I went through & did a thorough deep clean on the entire house, then slowly started adding the misc. Christmas decor. The stockings are hung, the mistletoe is waiting for some unsuspecting souls to stand underneath it, the wonderful scents of holiday candles fill the air & the trees were up - but they were still BARE! So today since it's the weekend & the kids didn't have school, we put the finishing touches on the decorations! We got the big tree in the living room all prettied up & I put our smaller tree in the playroom this year. The tree looks amazing thanks to my 2 little helpers. They did a wonderful job making our tree look gorgeous (although I did have to back & "rearrange" a bit because Chase felt compelled to put several ornaments on a single branch. He did this all over the tree.) And I tackled the outdoor part as well. . . all that's left is Ellis climbing that incredibly tall (& scary) ladder to outline the roof w/ lights! Who knows when that will get done?!


No comments: