Monday, January 5, 2009

Relaxin'

January 1st was not only the start of a new year, but it was also the start of a week-long vacation for Ellis! Over the past 2+ years he has not taken both of his full vacations that he gets each year, so he finally took his 2nd vacation from 2008 & we have enjoyed every minute of it! Basically all we've done for the past 5 days (& all we'll do the next 3) are lay on the couch, take naps, watch TV (well he watches football all day while I read), watch movies, play Wii w/ the kids, etc! It has been the true meaning of the word "relaxing" for sure! One night when football wasn't on (OMG) we rented a couple movies. Sunday night we had a much needed date night (it'd been about 6 months since our last one). . . we had dinner at Salt Grass & then went to see Marley & Me. Monday, Ellis & Gator had "boy day" (lunch at La Finca & buying Gator a toy at Target) while Rylie & I had "girl day" (going to Build-A-Bear & shopping at the Galleria). The kids have truly enjoyed having their daddy home for an extended amount of time & I've sure enjoyed the quality time w/ Ellis. I know he's itching to go back to work though because he's constantly texting to see what the sales were, etc., but I think he's enjoyed his time off! What guy wouldn't enjoy a week of sitting on the couch watching football game after football game after football game?! The kids go back to school tomorrow so that is the end of their vacation, but Ellis gets to stay home w/ me until Friday! Needless to say, I've used his "vacation" as an excuse not to do my normal things around here! :) Ooops! It's been very hard to clean when I see him laying around & when I'm having an extra person to pick up after, but you know - I deserve a "vacation" too, right?! So who cares if the laundry isn't done as fast as it usually is or if the floor needs vacuuming - we're on vacation till Friday!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Of course you need a vacation too! You work SO hard all the time, enjoy being lazy!!!