Saturday, June 13, 2009

The BIG Slides

At the beginning of each summer, I have to get Chase used to the pools all over again!!! Last year I was smart & started him in swimming lessons a few months before summer. This year, mistakenly, I figured that since he was so awesome by the end of last summer, that this year would be no big deal. And it sort of started out that way. . . until he tried to do something in the pool w/ the bigger kids & realized he couldn't & now he's scared all over again! So mainly he hangs out, content as can be in the splash pad/kiddie pool areas of our local pools. On occasion, he'll brave the small frog slides, but only 2-3x. And everytime we go swimming, I have to MAKE him jump off the side & swim to me. He can totally do it & he does a GREAT job, but he's just scared! Needless to say, he's back in swim lessons & will hopefully continued them year-round. But today, we went to the new Cinco Ranch Water Park w/ the Sanchez's & Chase got brave & went down the BIG water slides. . . I was SHOCKED beyond belief!!! I never expected him to want to do it, much less go through w/ it. First off, I don't think he's tall enough, but the lifeguard on duty didn't seem to care. So he did it once & then he didn't stop until it was time to leave to head home!!!! I was so stinkin' proud & immediately had to text Daddy to tell him! Hopefully next time we go back to that pool, Chase will still be brave & that we'll still have a laid-back lifeguard!

No comments: