Friday, September 9, 2011

What's Been Going On

Hello all!  Just wanted to keep you up to date on what all has been going on around here. Not much exciting, but just a few little things here & there. . .

The kids are loving school.  They both seem to have really wonderful teachers & they both look forward to going every day.  I'm staying busy with many things.  I'm back to taking care of sweet Grayson again this year.  He's now walking & is just as cute as ever! :)  I'm also busy with several different things at the kids' school.  I'm in charge of the marquee sign outside & that is a constant job. .  I'm up there several times a week changing it.  I'm also in charge of the PTA spirit nights.  Thankfully PTA is only responsible for one per semester.  I went into it thinking I was helping w/ the many spirit nights the school has monthly, so it was nice to not be as overloaded as I planned.  I'm also helping out w/ the schools carnival in the spring, but it'll be a year long process.  My friend Xochitl, is the coordinater of the entire event & I've agreed to be her right-hand-girl.  I'm also chairperson for the t-shirts & the bake sale/cake walk for the carnival.  Hmmm, what else - oh yeah, I found out yesterday that I get to be homeroom parent for Rylie's class, so that'll be fun too.  This will be my 3rd year as a homeroom parent. 

Grayson playing with a couple new toys!  Love this little booger!

Meet Bubba. .  . He is the newest addition to the Dyson family & spends each & every game day posted outside our house! :)  Ellis had made a trip to Arlington over the summer for work & came home telling me he found something he wanted for Christmas.  When he started describing "Bubba" I immediately knew what he was talking about because I'd seen a similar one in a near-by neighborhood.  I decided that instead of it being a Christmas present, I'd make it an anniversary present so he could display it all football season long instead of giving it to him at the end of the season.  BUT, my husband is very supersticious when it comes to OU football, so I had to give it to him 2 weeks early so it could be proudly displayed each & every game day!  I think this might have been one of his favorite presents to receive!  He absolutely loves it!

"Bubba" up close & personal!
 This is what our yard looks like when you drive by on game day.

Once again I'm putting together a team to run the Komen Race for the Cure in October.  This is my favorite race every year & it will be my 2nd year to do the team.  Our team is the Haute Hooters & we've got about 32 people signed up to do it!  Last year, unfortunately I didn't get to participate when it came to race day since that was the week my grandmother passed away.  This will be my 3rd year to run it since I didn't get to last year.  Be on the look out in Oct. for a blog all out our race!

Rylie is getting ready to start volleyball soon.  She is playing through a different league this season, Katy Volleyball Academy.  She's very excited & there are SO many girls from her school playing this season as well.  We don't know who is on her team yet because they will group them by skill level, but overall she'll know someone! :)  She had hoped to play for the league's Power League (for 4th-6th graders), but since so many 4th graders showed up & there are few spots for that grade level, the league created a new Junior Power League & they'll all be playing in that.  The good thing about not "making" the Power League is that the new Junior Power League will have practices and games on Sundays so for the first time in 2+ years, I won't have conflicting games schedules between both kids' sports!!!!  Yay!

Last weekend we went to Tyler for our friend Matt McGee's wedding.  Ellis was a groomsman for Matt.  We've know Matt since he was 15 (he's now 26) & started working at Spring Creek as an employee for Ellis.  We pretty  much adopted him into our family.  He's spent many, many Thanksgivings & Christmases with us & my family loves having him over too.  He even lived with us for a while when we were in Arlington.  It was great to see him happy & settling down with his new wife!  Congrats Matt & Ashley!
* I was trying to post a pic of Ellis & I from the wedding, but for some reason it won't upload right.  All the others worked, so I'm not sure what the problem is! :(

While we were in Tyler, it was the first OU game of the season so we all sported our OU attire in honor of game day!  Love my little Sooner family!


I'm proud to say I'm back in action. . . running action!  I've been slacking off for a while now due to a lack of an early morning running partner.  Running at 5 am is my best chance to run outside & I absolutely hate to run on the treadmill.  It's torturous.  So I've looked & looked for a new sucker who's willing to wake up that early & be committed to running & I finally found someone!  Her name is Tricia & we met through Chase & her son playing basketball together.  We are now running 5-6 days a week & are currently in training for a half marathon in December!  I'm so excited!!!

Well, now onto Callie.... she's always very entertaining! :)  This picture was just too precious not to post.  I caught her napping on the living room floor using Chase's pillow pet for her own personal pillow!  It was so stinkin' adorable!  As much as this dog can drive me crazy, I just love, love, love her!




No comments: