Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break Fun

This Spring Break was one of the best ones yet - especially since last year Rylie spent a portion of her week sick.  This year was WONDERFUL!  That Friday as soon as the kids got out of school we met my dad in Buffalo.  He took the kids & I came back to Katy to spend a few days at home in peace while they enjoyed some quality grandparent time.  They spent 2 nights with my dad, then 2 nights with my mom.  It was a much needed break for me & for them.

While they were gone, I had a girls' day out that Saturday w/ my friend Stephanie.  We started off with pedicures, then had lunch & bellinis at 3 Olives Italian restaurant.  Then we did some shopping followed by margaritas & chips/queso at Los Cucos.  It was a GREAT day. . .  and of course I can always use some girl time.  That night I went over to my friend Patience's birthday party at her house, then met up with Trish & her friends for drinks & darts at Baker Street! 
Sunday I just hung around. . .  didn't do much & it was nice.  Very relaxing. 
Monday night I met up with Robin for drinks at Baker Street.  I don't see her much these days, so it was good to see her & hang out for a bit.
Then Tuesday I went to Tyler to meet up with the kids & spend the rest of the week having fun with them!

On Tuesday when I got there, I met the kids, my mom & her new boyfriend Tim at McAlister's Deli for lunch.  Then we all went bowling and shopping at the mall.  That night we all met Poppa & Sue at Applebee's for dinner.  One thing about my trips to Tyler - it's lots of eating out!!!

Enjoying their dinner at Applebee's.

Wednesday we met up w/ my mom & Tim again.  This time we started out with lunch at Cracker Barrel, then went to Grand Saline to the East Texas Gator & Wildlife Park.  It was a first time for all of use there - didn't even know it existed.  We loved it though.  It was neat seeing over 80 alligators, plus many other animals.  The kids held a ferret & my mom help a small alligator (& we all pet it).  None of us braved holding the huge snake though. . . yuck!  That night the kids & I had dinner w/ my dad at Mercado's - a must have when we're in town!

The Cracker Barrel where it all began. . .  this is where Ellis & I had our first date over 13 years ago!
Touching the little gator.
 Carla the Brave - the only one of us brave enough to hold this tiny alligator.
 Creepy!!!
 The feret wasn't so bad.
She thought he was kinda cute.
 The gators enjoying the pretty weather.
 Look at these monsters!
 Chillin'
Petting the donkey in the petting zoo portion.
 They loved the gator park!
Thursday we met up with the sweet Schomerus family (Bridgette & Jason & their kids, Owen & Violet) for a fun visit & picnic at the Caldwell Zoo.  The zoo was as great as ever.  Tyler really does have a good zoo.  My dad kept the kids that night so I could go hang out w/ my long-time friend Amy.  We went to Fat Catz for appetizers & drinks, then over to Where's Rufus where we enjoyed the nice weather sitting outside talking.  It's always good to catch up w/ old friends that I don't get to see often enough.

Sweet Kiddos - Rylie, Gator, Owen & Violet
Lovin' the zoo :)
 Sno-cone time!
 So happy I got to spend the day w/ this sweet, sweet family!
Jason, Violet, Owen & Bridgette
 Jes, Rylie, Gator, Violet, Owen & Bridgette
 Standing in the elephant's footprint.
 All 3 fit in the elephant's footprint
 Gator & Owen haven't seen each other in a very long time - but they were instant buddies :)
Violet loved having the big girl Rylie hang out w/ her!
Friday we hung around most of the day doing our own thing before we met up w/ my dad that afternoon to go on our new annual spring break tradition - zip lining!  I think Gator was the most excited about it!  He absolutely loves it & cannot wait to go back!  We all had a great time again!  It is SO much fun!  That night the kids spent the night w/ my mom & I went out w/ my dad. 

Ready for our 2nd annual Spring Break zip line adventure at NY TX Zip Line!
 So happy that my babies love a little adventure!
 Ry coming in for a landing - she always gets nervous about this part.
 Little man flying high!  He was in absolute heaven!
 So much fun!  Thankful we are able to do this!

Saturday we visited my Poppa & Sue, then Aunt Louise.  Aunt Louise took us & my mom to lunch at Newk's - a place that's been there for a few years, but we had never tried yet.  Our original plan was to head home Sunday, but due to not feeling well & being worn out, we ended up coming home Saturday night.  Which was good - we had had new floors put in the living room while we were gone & I had a disaster of a mess to come home to & clean up! 

Spring Break was a blast!  We kept ourselves busy & tried to do lots of fun things - I think we succeeded!

No comments: