As a Kindergartener, Rylie is required to read 100 "sight words" to the principal before the end of the school year. These are the 100 most common small words (they, and, what, etc.) Well on Friday she did it! She read her words to the principal & did awesome! Tomorrow she gets recognized on their morning announcement TV show they do each morning at the beginning of the school days. She is super-excited to be on the morning announcements & she can't wait for the ice cream that Daddy promised her if she did a good job! Now she is on to bigger & better things - the Accelerated Reader program!
I also got an email from Rylie's teacher on Friday telling me that by the end of the school year, in order to continue on to 1st grade, they expect the kids to be on a reading level of 5. Well I'm proud to say (yes I have to brag a bit on my baby girl) that Rylie is on a reading level of 12. I'm so proud of her! She's doing a great job!
No comments:
Post a Comment