Our summer seems to be going by so quickly! I know it's still June, but we're halfway through June already & I know school starting will be right around the corner! We have been super busy the first 3 weeks of summer & have even more fun stuff planned!
I just thought I'd update you all on what we've been doing so far! ~ The first week of summer was obviously our trip to San Antonio. The weekend after we got back we relaxed by the pool & enjoyed Ellis being home & also celebrated his birthday. Then last week Rylie went to Vacation Bible School at our new church, Kingsland Baptist. She saw lots of school friends there & loved it! Unfortunately she had to miss 2 days of it due to our unexpected trip to Oklahoma for Mimi Dyson's funeral, but the days she did get attend were very fun for her! This week both Rylie & Chase are attending a nighttime VBS at Crosspoint Community Church & are having a blast! This is Chase's first VBS & he's loving it!
Aside from the 2 trips & the VBS's, we've been staying busy being poolside almost everyday, having playdates w/ the Sanchez's, the Brechler's, the Boehm's, & the Ghafari's. We spend lots of time w/ Robin & her kids at the pools & will miss them terribly when they're on vacation for 2 weeks! We are also spending lots of time at the Y. During the school year, Rylie really only gets to go on the weekends, so she's enjoying getting to go more often! Rylie has also had a couple of sleepovers w/ her friend Kristin & they kids are also still taking their swimming lessons & Rylie is in gymnastics still & I've added a tumbling class to her schedule for summer, but due to the San Antonio trip & the night time VBS this week, we've missed most of it! They will soon be finished w/ swimming lessons & hopefully we'll settle down a bit after that! Now we're just planning a trip to Tyler next week to see all our friends & family there! We're hoping to have lots of fun stuff going on there as well! I know the kids will spend a night w/ their Mimi for sure & I think we may make a trip to Arlington to go to Six Flags w/ Big Daddy too!
As for me, I'm just enjoying the sun (love being tan during summer), reading like crazy, getting in plenty of time at the gym, watching lots of movies & getting the occasional girls' night out!
No comments:
Post a Comment