Easter weekend, we had some special visitors. . . the Varnell family, our good, good friends from Arlington! I didn't tell my kids they were coming so that it'd be a total shock to them! They didn't get here till around midnight Fri. night, so when the kids woke up early Sat. morning, they sure had lots of energy & excitement!!!! The kids spent the morning playing while Jamie & I got to catch up on some chit-chat. Then Jamie & I took the kids to lunch @ Panera Bread, then shopping @ Target! Afterwards, we dropped all 5 kids off back @ my house & decided it was Greg's turn for babysitting duties!!!! Jamie & I took advantage of that & went shopping @ Charming Charlie's & the mall! It was nice to get away just the 2 of us. . . in all the years we've been friends, that's been a very RARE occurance! Then we ALL went to dinner @ La Finca. . . there's just something about when Jamie & I are together, we have to go eat Mexican food! We finally got all the kids to bed & that's no easy feat, & Greg, Jamie & I proceeded to rock on Rock Band, then Ellis, Jamie, Greg & I watched Twilight (about the 5th time for me & the 3rd for Ellis, but Jamie & Greg were newbies so we had to let them in on the secret of what Twilight is all about)!. I'm so glad that they were able to come down for a visit & I look forward to summer when we'll be going back to visit them!!!!
Rylie & Gator got to open their b-day presents from the Varnell's!
Still sweet & super silly after all these years!
Big buds!
We didn't get many pictures this time! I'll have to make up for it next time we see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment