Saturday was a laid back day hanging around the house. Raegan ended up coming over to spend the afternoon w/ Rylie & I took all 3 kids for a bike ride to the park & to look for alligators at the viewing platforms on the nature trails. That evening, Amber (Rylie's Kindergarten teacher) & her friend Tina came over for more driveway fun here.
Sunday Robin & her kids & Tiffany & her kids came over for. . . you guessed it - more driveway fun! And I got my first sunburn of the year! :( That night the family went out for Mexican food before the kids & I left for our week away!
Monday the kids & I went to Dallas for a night. We started off visiting my friend Valerie & her girls, Kathryn & Lauren. Callie had her first long car trip & she did great! She slept basically all the way there w/ only one stop! So proud of her! Then Callie & Idgy got introduced to Val's dog, Darla. Idgy, of course, could care less, but Callie was all excited to find a dog who'd actually play with her! Darla liked Callie for about the first 2 min., then quickly became worn out & tried everything she could to hide from her! That night the kids stayed w/ Ellis' sister Alyssa & got to play w/ their cousin Steffy while Val & I went w/ her sister-in-law Carol, & Carol's sister Jill to dinner at Casa Rita's (Spring Creek's sister restaurant) & to the Lady Gaga concert! I got free tickets to the concert through Spring Creek & was all excited to get to go see such a fun show. . . but boy were we ever disappointed! We all knew it'd be a bit of a freak-show & we'd be surrounded by people who are different than we are, but none of us were prepared for the insane amount of "Jesus-bashing" that took place. We ended up leaving the concert early! It was AWFUL! Now when I hear a Lady Gaga song on the radio, I immediately turn it off! I can't believe how much she hated on Jesus!
Tuesday, the kids & I left Dallas early to head to Tyler for a few days. The plan was for them to stay the whole rest of the week, but I would come back to Katy on Thursday. On our way there we stopped in Terrell to drive thru McDonald's for breakfast & Rylie started complaining of her stomach hurting. After realizing she had stomach issues going on, I was just hoping it was from all the junk food they'd eaten the night before. When we got to Tyler, she seemed a little whiney & exhausted, but of course I assumed it was from staying up late & traveling, etc. But later we realized she had a stomach virus! :( And Chase had a bit of it too! So needless to say we spent all day Tuesday & Wednesday stuck in my mom's house cause they both were sick & Rylie was running a high fever on top of all the stomach issues!
Thursday I left to head home after making sure Rylie was feeling better. She was still a bit puny, but when I talked to her a couple hours later she seemed much better. Ellis & I had a date night to the Houston Rodeo that night. Part of his Christmas present from me was tickets to see Zac Brown Band in concert at the Rodeo. We went for an early dinner w/ our friends/neighbors, Jeremy & Alicia Odell at a great restaurant, Yard House. It was our first time there & we are thankful to the Odell's for introducing us to it! We celebrated St. Patty's Day w/ green beer & had some great food, then it was off to the Rodeo. This was my first time to experience the Houston Rodeo, & it was only Ellis' second time. The rodeo was fun & the concert was great! WE LOVE ZAC BROWN BAND!!!
Dinner & Drinks w/ my love at Yard House
At the Rodeo! :)
Zac Brown Band Rocks!
Friday I had the entire day to myself! I had hoped to sleep late, but a certain dog of our's refuses to let anyone sleep in! :( So I got an early start getting some stuff done around here. . . laundry, ironing, getting an oil change, grocery shopping, etc.! I spent the evening watching movies & reading & having a good dinner! It would have been better to go get a pedicure & hang out w/ friends, but I'll take a relaxing day any chance I get! :)
Saturday was yet another event I'd been waiting months for. . . the Warrior Dash! I had wanted to sign up & Chase's teacher Mandy asked me to go w/ her & a group of her friends. What a day!
Matt S., Matt R., Kerrie, Kristin, Mandy & Jes
Doing the Mud Crawl! Jes, Kristin & Mandy
We survived!
The "After" Picture
Mandy, Matt, Matt
Jes, Kristin & Kerrie
After the Warrior Dash, the group of us had a late lunch/early dinner at Lupe Tortilla & some margaritas to celebrate!! Then I drove back to Tyler to be w/ my sweet babies.
Lunch @ Lupe - Kerrie, Kristin, Mandy & Jes
At NY-TX Zip Line Adventures!!! Ready for some fun!
Getting harnessed up & ready to go!
Ready for the adventure of his little life!
Zip Line Girls!
My little adventurers w/ Big Daddy!
Ready! Set! Let's GO!
At the first line - looking a little unsure!
There goes my brave little man! You can't see it, but he had a smile from ear to ear!
Rylie rocked it!!! Way to go Ry Ry!
High-flying fun!
The last line - by far their favorite!





No comments:
Post a Comment